Office: BSF 303
Lab: BSF 344
B.S., The College of Chinese Culture (now Chinese Culture University), 1979
M.S., National Tsing Hua University, 1981
Second Lieutenant, Military Service, 1981-83
Ph.D., University of California at Los Angeles, 1988
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Minnesota, 1988-91
- Inorganic Chemistry - Hydrolytic chemistry, metal-DNA chemistry, chemical modeling, detoxification of toxic phosphoesters like pesticides and nerve agents, NMR of paramagnetic compounds.
- Biochemistry - Metalloproteins, Metalloproteases, Metalloantibiotics, peptides and proteins as "natural model systems", Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopies.
View our currently funded projects here.
Darrell Cerrato, Shahedul Islam, Justin Moses, Christian Tang
- Metallo-ROS in Alzheimer's Disease: Oxidation of Neurotransmitters by CuII-ß-Amyloid and Neuropathology of the Disease
da Silva, G. F. Z.; Ming, L.-J. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2007, 46, 3337-3341.
- How Well Should the Active Site and the Specific Recognition Be Defined for Proficient Catalyses? —Effective and Cooperative Polyphenol/Catechol Oxidation and Oxidative DNA Cleavage by a Copper(II)-Binding and H-bonding Copolymer
Lykourinou, V.; Hanafy, A. I.; da Silva, G. F. Z.; Bisht, K. S.; Larsen, R. W.; Livingston, B. T.; Angerhofer, A.; Ming, L.-J. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2008, 2584-2592.
- EPR Kinetics in Irradiated Syndiotactic Polystyrene at Elevated Temperatures
Lin, C.-C.; Ming, L.-J.; Lee, C.-C.; Lee, S. Polymer, 2008, 49, 3987-3992.
- Purification and Characterization of Extracellular Lipases from the Newly Identified Pseudomonas monteilii TKU009 by the Use of Soybeans as the Substrate
Wang, S.-L.; Lin, Y.-T.; Chio, S.-H.; Liang, T.-W.; Ming, L.-J. J. Indust. Microbiol. Biotech., 2009, 36, 65-73.
- Methionine Does Not Reduce Cu(II)-ß-Amyloid! —Rectification of the Roles of Methionine-35 and Reducing Agents in Metal-Centered Oxidation Chemistry of Cu(II)-ß-Amyloid
da Silva, G. F. Z.; Lykourinou, V.; Angerhofer, A.; Ming L.-J. Biochim. Biophys. Acta-Mol. Basis Dis., 2009, 1792, 49-55.
- Iron(III)-Polymers as Proficient Catalysts for Acid Hydrolysis of Phosphodiester and Oxidative DNA Cleavage —Insight into Rational Design of Functional Metallopolymers
Lykourinou, V.; Hanafy, A. I.; Angerhofer, A.; Bisht, K. S.; Ming, L.-J. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2009, in press.